Quick and easy cookies, packed with nutrient-rich oats and wholemeal flour. They’re really easy to make too, so they’re perfect as a quick and satisfying bake, or for making with children over the summer holiday’s.
Prepare: 15 minutes
Cook: 10-12 minutes
75g wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
75g porridge oats
50g caster sugar
1/2-1 tsp mixed spice
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, oats, sugar and mixed spice together in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter, syrup and milk together in a small saucepan over a low heat or in the microwave, until just melted. Pour it over the oat mixture and stir everything together until evenly coated.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 rounds on the prepared tray – I like to use a round cookie cutter as a guide so they all end up about the same size – and leaving space between each biscuit as they will spread during cooking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. As soon as the tray comes out of the oven, use a large heatproof cutter to ‘scoot’ the hot biscuits – place the cutter over each cookie and swirl it inside the cutter to round the edges. See below. That way they all end up the same size and shape! Leave to cool on the tray.